- Publication date:
- LexBlog (640)
- Marco Q. Rossi & Associati (93)
- Walker & O'Neill, P.A. (59)
- Hogan Lovells (48)
- McDermott Will & Emery (29)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (28)
- Marler Clark LLP, PS (24)
- DLA Piper (20)
- Covington & Burling LLP (17)
- Squire Patton Boggs (17)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (14)
- Trevisan & Cuonzo Avvocati (13)
- Kirk Hartley (12)
- Viking Advocates, LLC (11)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (10)
- Aliant (8)
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (6)
- Mayer Brown (5)
- Francis G.X. Pileggi (5)
- Reed Smith LLP (5)
- Fred L. Abrams, Attorney At Law (4)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP (4)
- Perkins Coie LLP (4)
- Merlin Law Group, P.A. (4)
- Estlund Law (4)
- Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. (4)
- Howard M. Friedman (3)
- Bergeson & Campbell, PC (3)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (2)
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP (2)
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (2)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (2)
- McGuireWoods LLP (2)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP (2)
- Jackson Lewis P.C. (2)
- Jon Hyman (2)
- Keller Heckman (2)
- LexBlog (2)
- Mann Law Group (1)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP (1)
- Paula Black Legal Business Development (1)
- Franczek P.C. (1)
- R. David Donoghue (1)
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP (1)
- Ronda Muir (1)
- Cole Schotz P.C (1)
- The Killian Firm, P.C. (1)
- Harris Bricken (1)
- Abrams & Schmidt LLC (1)
- Larkin Hoffman Daly & Lindgren Ltd. (1)
- AnJie Law Firm (1)
- Italy and the U.S.- a comparative discussion of criminal law and preliminary investigations and defense participation in the two countries
In the INTERPOL practice, it is often beneficial to engage co-counsel in the country where the Red Notice, diffusion, or other notice originated. Toward that end, I often consult with colleagues in other countries regarding our mutual practices and cases. As a member of the WORLDWIDE INDEPENDENT LAWYERS LEAGUE, I recently had the privilege of...
- Artificial Intelligence & Maverick
A few weeks ago, on the way back home from a great family vacation in Italy, I traveled on a long 10 hour flight from Rome to Chicago. Since I have a hard time sleeping on planes, I watched several movies on the “friendly skies” of my United Arlines flight. I was in for a...
- Is There a Change of Course On Split Tax Residence Year? Italian Tax Agency Rules That Italy-Switzerland Tax Treaty’s Part-Year Tax Resident Provision Prevails Over Domestic Law, Refers to OECD Commentary In Support
In its ruling n. 370 issued on July 4, 2023, the Italian Tax Agency concluded that in a case of a change of tax residency during the year, the treaty provision according to which the change of tax residence takes effect on the day of the transfer out of Italy to the foreign country is...
- Italy Loosens Post-Arrival Requirements for Foreign Workers
On June 23, 2023, the Italian government announced that foreign workers would be permitted to begin working in Italy while they wait to sign a contratto di soggiorno (contract of stay) at the immigration office. The change is part of a package of reforms intended to enable qualified foreign workers to begin employment in Italy...
- Greenwashing: the current sanctioning regime in Italy
Following their call for evidence in November 2022, on 1 June 2023, the European Supervisory Authorities (“ESAs”) published their first progress reports on greenwashing (the “Reports”) to better identify the phenomenon and to assess which areas of the sustainable investment value chain (“SIVC”) are more exposed to greenwashing risks. In the Reports the ESAs have...
- The Court of Florence finds against Condé Nast for use of the image of the David by Michelangelo, recognizing image rights to the work of art
With a first instance ruling issued on 20 April 2023 (available on sistemaproprietaintellettuale.it), the Court of Florence has ordered Condé Nast (editor of GQ Italy) to pay EUR 50,000 plus interest as compensation for damages arising from the unauthorized use of the image of the David by Michelangelo. The case, which was brought by the...
- Italian Taxation of Trusts: U.S. Complex Trust Meets Italy’s Anti-Abuse Rule, Distributions of Trust Income to Italian Trust Beneficiaries Not Taxable In Italy
The Italian Tax Agency’s Ruling n. 309 of April 28, 2023 (Risposta-n.-309_2023-1.pdf) deals with the issue of taxation to Italian beneficiaries of income distributions from a U.S. trust. Background. Under Italy’s tax law, trusts with identified income beneficiaries are treated as fiscally transparent, and the beneficiaries are taxed on their share of the income of...
- Food handler played role in Italian outbreak, finds study
A Staphylococcus aureus outbreak in Italy has been associated with food handler contamination, based on findings from a study. The outbreak was because of the contamination of food from an asymptomatic food handler. Staphylococcal food poisoning (SFP) is caused by the ingestion of preformed staphylococcal enterotoxins (SEs), produced by enterotoxigenic strains of coagulase-positive staphylococci (CPS), mainly Staphylococcus aureus. “The investigated...
- UNIDROIT principles on digital assets and private law adopted at the 102nd session of the Governing Council
On 18 May 2023, UNIDROIT’s Governing Council reported that it had adopted the UNIDROIT principles on digital assets and private law (the principles) at its 102nd session in Rome, Italy. The principles were prepared by a working group on digital assets and private law, which comprised of 25 members, 22 observers from international, regional and...
- EFSA holds a two-day public meeting on food safety of lab-grown meat schemes
The European Food Safety Authority(EFSA) based in Parma, Italy last week held a two-day scientific colloquium to gather views and insights from leading scientific minds, representatives of European, international, and national agencies, technology companies, and food operators, consumer groups, and an array of individuals and other organizations with an interest in this highly topical issue. EFSA’s...
- Hazardous Olives May Have Been Repackaged
Almond-stuffed olives imported from Italy and linked to two botulism illnesses in Finland, including one fatality, may have been repackaged and resold in the U.S. in containers that do not carry the Bio Gaudiano label, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reported Friday. In a news release, the...
- Top fashion legal topics – #5 Fashion and online retail
Reposted from DLA Piper’s IPT Italy Blog. By Gianluigi Marino We dedicated this week to fashion and IPT (intellectual property and technology) issues. After wearable technologies, special rules for foreign franchisors in Italy, 3D Printers à la mode, social media and fashion this IPT catwalk goes...
- Europe’s Hepatitis A Outbreak Expands Well Beyond Italy
An outbreak with at least 240 confirmed cases of the Hepatitis A virus originally thought to be confined to Italy is making a much larger footprint in Europe. There have been 240 cases of individuals who have not visited Italy associated with the outbreak in France, Germany, Ireland, Norway, the...
- Italian Court Convicts Google Executives of Privacy Violations
On February 24, 2010, an Italian court convicted three Google executives for violation of Italy’s privacy laws resulting from a video that was posted to Google Video showing a group of teenagers bullying another teenager with disabilities. Judge Oscar Magi sentenced Google Global Privacy Counsel...
- “Mesothelioma in a Wine Cellar Man” – from Italy
A depressing article, for multiple reasons. The title is: Mesothelioma in a Wine Cellar Man: Detailed Description of Working Procedures and Past Asbestos Exposure Estimation. Ann Occup Hyg (2014) doi: 10.1093/annhyg/meu062 First published online: October 8, 2014 The abstract states: “Abstract A...
- Europe Reports 1,300 Hepatitis A Cases Since 2013
More than 1,300 Hepatitis A cases have been reported in 11 countries by the European Food Safety Authority since January 2013, with 240 confirmed cases related to an ongoing outbreak. Initially the outbreak was associated with people who had traveled to Italy. However seven countires- France,...
- Google shall NOT monitor Adwords keywords
Reposted from July 2013 issue of DLA Piper’s Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence By Giulio Coraggio The Court of Palermo (Italy) held that Google as an hosting provider is not obliged to monitor the AdWords keywords selected by its users. The court did find liability for a local rental...
- Right Time for Internet of Things Regulations?
Reposted from IPT Italy Blog By Giulio Coraggio Internet of Things technologies are already all around us and with a market that is expected to reach a value of more than $ 14.4 trillion over the next decade with 50 billion connected devices by 2020, the question is whether ad hoc regulations are...
- Plaintiff Web Site Jumps on Italian Paper On Finding Previously Unknown Asbestos Exposures
Knowledge moves fast these days. A January 20, 2016 medical article from Italy – in Italian – reports on results obtained from researchers going back to look for previously not seen sources of asbestos exposure in the lives of persons who developed mesothelioma. A February 4, 2016 article on...
- Too Many Going Gluten-Free?
More and more people are being diagnosed – or diagnosing themselves – with gluten intolerance. But a new study out of Italy suggests that more research needs to be done before non-celiacs cut this protein from their diet. A report published last month in the Annals of Internal Medicine...