Italy's new R&D Tax creditItaly is in the process of introducing a new tax credit on research and development activities. The draft of the law decree, called Destinazione Italia, which is currently in the process of being approved by the Italian government, proposes to introduce a series of measures seeking to encourage inward investment in Italy. These measures include a tax credit for the period 2014 - 2016 on R&D expenses sustained by Italian resident companies (as well as subsidiaries of foreign groups and Italian branches of foreign companies). The new tax credit is expected to be substantially different from similar incentives previously used in Italy. The tax credit in the previous law provision was equal to 10 percent of the cost related to designers, up to a maximum of 5 million per year. The new benefit is now expected to be recognised in the form of a tax credit on 50 percent of the increasing R&D costs registered during the three-year period, with a maximum amount of 2.5 million per year and a minimum amount of 50,000. The tax credit is expected to be exempt from direct taxes. Moreover, eligible companies may choose whether the proposed credit will be reimbursed from the authorities or set off against the payment of other taxes. In practice, this means that the credit may become an immediate benefit on a company's cash position. This offers a significant tax advantage for businesses involved in design and manufacture. In particular, the new version...
Destinazione Italia: new R&D tax credit
|Author:||Mr Fabrizio Capponi and Roberta Moscaroli|
|Profession:||DLA Piper Australia|
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL
- Mondaq Italy
- Invoicing In Italy - New Rules From 2013
- A New Stimulus Package For Italian Start-Ups
- Destinazione Italia: new R&D tax credit
- Reforms Needed To Revive Italian Project Finance
- A Brief Review Of The Current Situation In Italian Law, Politics And Finance
- The Principles Of Non-Discrimination And Transparency In The Awarding Procedure Of A State Owned Airport
- Italian Budget Law - Taxation Measures Aim To Increase Economic Growth
- Italian NPL Guaranteed By The Italian Government: Law Decree Approved
- Lodgment Of Foreign Deeds In Italy: Legalisation And Apostille
- Can The Italian Referendum Boost The Italian Economic Recovery?
- Matteo Renzi Resigns In Constitutional Referendum Aftermath
- One-Off Unique Business Opportunity In Italy
- Cammini E Percorsi (Different Paths): Creating Work In Tourism
- How To Take Advantage Of An Undoubtedly Profitable Marketplace
- Doing Business In Italy - A Guide For Foreign Investors
- How To Buy A House In Italy For 1 Euro
- Regional Administrative Court Of Milan: Exclusivity Is Not A Sufficient Criterion For Not Calling For Tender
- Italian Council Of State: An Exclusive Right Does Not Imply A Direct Award
- Government Survey Of LGBT Community Is The Largest Ever
- A Victory For Equality
- Paddy Power Makes A Point About Premier League Football Players
- The New Parameters For Evaluating Applications For Concessions Laid Down By The Italian Ministry Of Infrastructures And Transports: 'The Capacity To Ensure The Widest Access Conditions To Terminals For Users And Operators Concerned'
- Fined And Caned For Being Gay
- Italian Data Protection Code Reformed To Enact GDPR. What Is New?
- France Announces A Visa System For The UK
- Eligibility Checks On European Workers Will Impact On Hotels And Hospitality Sector
- Critical Brexit Debate
- Deal Or No-Deal Brexit?
- ETIAS European Travel Information And Authorization System
- 'Salvini Decree' 2018: What Is It And What Are The New Provisions?
- Jones Day Talks: Italy Embraces Foreign investment But Maintains Oversight
- Italy Embraces Foreign Investment But Maintains Oversight
- Customs Seizure In Italy
- Precautionary Protection Of The Right To Honour And Reputation In Light Of The Principle Of Inadmissibility Of Precautionary Measures Equivalent To Seizure Of The Press Under Article 21, Paragraph 3, Of The Italian Constitution
- Italy Scores Anticorruption Own Goal
- Italy Strengthens The Law To Support Victims Of Domestic Violence
- The Application Process For The Molise Regeneration Scheme
- Dual British/Italian Citizenship Could Be Invaluable Post-Brexit
- Keep The European Door Open With Your Italian Heritage By Becoming An Italian Citizen
- LCA's «No-Deal» Brexit To-Do List For British Citizens
- Brexit Is Now A Reality!