JD Supra Italy
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (183)
- Dentons (127)
- McDermott Will & Emery (61)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (55)
- Hogan Lovells (46)
- White & Case LLP (38)
- K&L Gates LLP (18)
- Jones Day (16)
- Allen & Overy LLP (13)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (7)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (6)
- Littler (6)
- Fisher Phillips (4)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (3)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (3)
- International Lawyers Network (3)
- Orrick - Financial Industry Review (2)
- Orrick - Trade Secrets Group (2)
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP (2)
- Michael Volkov (1)
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP (1)
- King & Spalding (1)
- Foley Hoag LLP - Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition (1)
- Pepper Hamilton LLP (1)
- Baker Donelson (1)
- Goodwin (1)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (1)
- Planet Depos, LLC (1)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (1)
- Robinson+Cole Data Privacy + Security Insider (1)
- Alston & Bird (1)
- Norris McLaughlin, P.A. (1)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (1)
- Thomas Fox (1)
- JAMS (1)
- Sanford Millar (1)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (1)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (1)
- The "Cure Italy" and "Restore Liquidity" Decrees: Keeping Italian Companies Alive?
On 8 April 2020, the Italian Government enacted Law Decree no. 23 of 2020 (the "Restore Liquidity" Decree). In combination with Law Decree no. 18 of 17 March 2020 (the "Cure Italy" Decree), it provides businesses affected by the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") pandemic with a package of financial assistance designed to help Italian businesses survive the dramatic short term effects of COVID-19. Measures include guarantee schemes from export credit agency SACE, the Italian government (in relation to CDP loans) and the Central Guarantee Fund, support for business continuity and a tailored package of measures for SMEs including a standstill period for their debts.…
- Italian news on PSD2
Please find below a brief summary of two Italian developments on PSD2. More specifically: on 6 April 2020, the Italian Government approved a draft Legislative Decree introducing corrective and supplementary provisions to the Italian implementation of Directive (EU) 2015/2366 (PSD2) and Regulation (EU) 751/2015 (IFR) (“Draft Decree”); and...
- Daily alert Coronavirus: updates on the management of employment relationships in Italy
The Inland Revenue, with Circular no. 8/E of April 3, 2020, has provided further clarification, in the form of questions and answers, on the tax measures provided for in the "Cura Italia" Decree, in order to describe the scope of the individual tax provisions contained in the emergency decree.
- Daily alert Coronavirus: updates on the management of employment relationships (in Italian)
Vi segnaliamo che l’Agenzia delle Entrate, con la Circolare n. 8/E del 3 Aprile 2020 (disponibile qui), ha fornito ulteriori chiarimenti, sotto forma di domande e risposte, sulle misure di carattere fiscale previste dal Decreto «Cura Italia», al fine di illustrare la portata delle singole previsioni tributarie contenute nel decreto d’emergenza.
- Holding shareholders' meetings during the Covid-19 emergency: the Italian response
With the season of shareholders meetings in Italy fast approaching, we have produced a bulletin which provides an overview of several key points. This overview includes; • the Italian rules concerning how shareholders' meetings of joint stock companies (società per azioni or s.p.a.) and limited liability companies (società a responsabilità limitata or s.r.l.) would normally be convened and held; • the exceptional measures adopted by the Italian Government in the context of the containment duties imposed under a number of legislative and regional measures in connection with the Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak; and • a summary of the Q&A list produced by Assonime, the Italian association of joint stock companies, in order to address potential queries on the interpretation and practical implementation of these rules. Please see full article below for more information.
- EIOPA – further actions for insurers and intermediaries to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on consumers (in Italian)
L’EIOPA, nel contesto delle azioni intraprese per mitigare l’impatto del COVID-19 sul sistema assicurativo europeo, ha pubblicato lo scorso 1° aprile un nuovo comunicato con il quale ha invitato gli operatori del mercato assicurativo ad adottare ulteriori misure a tutela dei consumatori.
- Banking and Finance updates (Italy)
The Coronavirus emergency is having a deep impact on global economy and the relevant finance documentation. The financial markets and banking sector are dealing with this disruption and the relevant financial Regulatory Authorities and industry association are approaching matter through the adoption of specific provisions or circulars and issuing focused guidelines. In this section you will find all related articles and updates. (contents are in Italian and English)
- COVID-19: COVID-19 and the Cura Italia Decree
On 17 March 2020, the Italian Government enacted the so called “Cura Italia” law decree, with the aim of issuing urgent measures to address the economic and social impact of the COVID-19 emergency) (the Decree}. The Decree was published in the Official Gazette on 17 March 2020 and became effective the same day. Please see full Alert below for more information.
- Italy Extends Disclosure Deadline for Intermediaries and Online Portals
CONSOB and Bank of Italy ease compliance obligations during COVID-19. The Italian Securities Commission (CONSOB) and the Bank of Italy have adopted a series of measures to grant intermediaries and online portal managers an extended deadline to comply with their disclosure obligations, and facilitated compliance activities by banks and supervised non-bank intermediaries, due to restrictions imposed by government measures to face the COVID-19 emergency.
- The Cura Italia Decree and other measures enacted to cope with the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy
As a result of the health emergency caused by the widespread outbreak of the virus COVID-19, several measures have been adopted throughout the EU aimed at limiting the occurrence of significant disruptions to the financial system and cope with this emergency situation.
- La "Nuova" Disciplina Per La Certificazione Dei Crediti Vantati Nei - Confronti Delle Regioni E Degli Enti Locali
La legge 12 novembre 2011 n. 183 (cd. Legge di stabilità per il 2012, "Legge di Stabilità") all'art. 13 ha disposto la sostituzione per intero del comma 3bis ed ha aggiunto il comma 3ter all'articolo 9 del decreto legge del 29 novembre 2008 n. 185 (convertito in legge dall'articolo 1...
- Draft Decree on Bonds for Italian Non-Listed Companies – Italy is on the verge of taking significant steps to facilitate the issuance of corporate bonds
Italian non-listed companies have struggled to find efficient structures for corporate bond issuances. On June 15, 2012, the Italian government took an important step to facilitate access to the corporate bond market for Italian companies which are not issuers of financial instruments on a...
- Italian court jails scientists for not predicting earthquakes
An Italian court has convicted seven scientists and experts of manslaughter for failing to adequately warn residents when an earthquake struck central Italy in 2009 killing more than 300 people. Each of the scientists and experts were sentenced to six years in prison....
- D.Lgs. 231/2001 - Aggiornamento Normativo E Giurisprudenziale
Si riporta di seguito una breve rassegna dei provvedimenti maggiormente significativi in materia di responsabilità amministrativa degli enti ex D.Lsg. 231/2001. ENTI STRANIERI - TRIBUNALE DI MILANO – Sent. n. 13976/12 - Con la sentenza ...
- Basics Of Employment Law In Italy
Italy, with a population of over 60 million, is one of the top ten largest economies in the world. There are many benefits to doing business in Italy, including its favorable geographic location and flexible and diverse economy. However, any employer currently doing business in Italy or who is...
- Recent Developments In The Italian Anti-Money Laundering Legislation
On January 1, 2014 two regulations, issued by the Bank of Italy in April 2013, entered into force, which deal with the customer due diligence in the field of anti-money laundering and the keeping of the Single Financial Transactions Database ("Archivio Unico Informatico"; hereinafter, the ...
- Basics Of Employment Law In Italy: Part III
This article is the third in a series which provides a brief overview of the some of the key elements of employment law in Italy. This article will cover terminations, including a summary of the sources of law governing terminations, the types of dismissals permitted under the law, notice...
- Decree “Sblocca Italia”: News On The Matter Of Lease
Following its publication in the Official Gazette on September 13, 2014, the Law Decree September 12, 2014 no. 133 “Urgent actions for the opening of construction sites, the realization of public infrastructures, the digital transformation of Italy, the simplification of bureaucratic process, the...
- GSE Guidelines for Modifications to PV Plants
On 1 May 2015, the Gestore dei Servizi Energetici (GSE) published the Regole per il mantenimento degli incentivi in Conto Energia (the guidelines). This is a set of guidelines for the implementation and communication of modifications to photovoltaic (PV) plants receiving incentives under any of the ...
- Nuovo Regolamento UE sulle procedure d’insolvenza
Il Regolamento si pone l’obiettivo di rendere più efficienti le regole sulle insolvenze transfrontaliere, trovare il giusto equilibrio nella protezione sia dei debitori che dei creditori e privilegiare il risanamento delle imprese rispetto alla prospettiva liquidatoria. E’...