JD Supra Italy
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Dentons (210)
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP (197)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (75)
- Hogan Lovells (69)
- McDermott Will & Emery (64)
- White & Case LLP (44)
- K&L Gates LLP (26)
- Jones Day (20)
- Allen & Overy LLP (14)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (8)
- Littler (7)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (6)
- International Lawyers Network (4)
- Fisher Phillips (4)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (3)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (3)
- Orrick - Financial Industry Review (2)
- Orrick - Trade Secrets Group (2)
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP (2)
- Michael Volkov (1)
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP (1)
- King & Spalding (1)
- Foley Hoag LLP - Trademark, Copyright & Unfair Competition (1)
- Troutman Pepper (1)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (1)
- Baker Donelson (1)
- Goodwin (1)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (1)
- Planet Depos, LLC (1)
- Robinson+Cole Data Privacy + Security Insider (1)
- Alston & Bird (1)
- Norris McLaughlin, P.A. (1)
- Proskauer - Blockchain and the Law (1)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (1)
- Thomas Fox (1)
- JAMS (1)
- Sanford Millar (1)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (1)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (1)
- Italian AML news: confirmation of the new provisions on on-line KYC
Italian news on on-line KYC for AML purposes, including the possibility to rely on SCA when certain conditions are met, have been confirmed. On 14 September, Law Decree No. 76/2020 regarding urgent measures for simplification and digital innovation (the "Decree") was converted into Law No. 120/2020 (the "Law").
- Law no. 120/2020 Converting Simplification Decree Facilitates Capital Increases by Italian Companies
The Simplification Decree (Decreto Semplificazioni) follows and puts into effect the earlier attempt of the Italian cabinet to facilitate capital increases. Law no. 120/2020 converting Law Decree no. 76/2020 (Decreto Semplificazioni), which entered into force today (Law no. 120/2020), introduces certain measures (see Article 44) facilitating capital increases by Italian private and listed companies needing to raise equity financing and counter liquidity shortage due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New measures on remote working and special leave for parents in case of quarantine of children for COVID-19 contacts at school (in Italian)
In view of the start of the 2020-2021 school year, it was published in the Official Gazette no. 223 of 8 September 2020 the Decree-Law 8 September 2020, n. 111 , in force since yesterday, containing "Urgent provisions to meet the unspeakable financial and support needs for the start of the school year, connected to the epidemiological emergency from COVID-19".
- August Decree and social shock absorbers: the first INPS indications arrive (in Italian)
It is now customary that the complex regulatory interventions of the emergency phase are almost immediately followed by clarifications by INPS. And so - one week after the publication in the Official Gazette of the Decree-Law of 14 August 2020, n. 104 (so-called "August Decree") - the INPS Message n. 3131/2020 of 21 August intervenes by providing the first indications on the management of new applications for CIGO, CIGD, ordinary check and CISOA according to the provisions introduced by the August Decree.
- Italian Privacy Authority Clarifies Safeguards on Use of CCTV in the Workplace
The president of the Italian privacy authority has reiterated the need for employers to follow the safeguards set out in Italian national legislation when considering closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance. This follows a decision of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) published in late 2019 that approved the actions of a Spanish supermarket that installed CCTV even though the employees were unaware of its installation.
- Law Decree August 14, 2020, n. 104 (so-called "August Decree") (in Italian)
With perfect timing today, August 15th, the Government has decreed the entry into force of the new emergency provisions that will accompany companies until the end of 2020. In fact, one week after its approval by the Council of Ministers, it was finally published in the Official Gazette no. 203 of 14 August 2020, in force from today, the Decree-Law 14 August 2020, n. 104 (so-called "August Decree") containing "Urgent measures to support and relaunch the economy".
- Implementing rules for Superbonus 110% have finally been issued
All implementing measures necessary to benefit from the Superbonus 110%, enacted by the so-called Relaunch Decree, have finally been set out by the Ministry of Economic Development and by the Italian Tax Authorities.
- New rules on IBIPs, POG, motor car insurance and complaints’ handling: IVASS and CONSOB complete the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive in Italy
Following three public consultations launched on 23 September 2019, IVASS and CONSOB completed the implementation in Italy of (EU) Directive 2016/97 on insurance distribution ("IDD"), by publishing IVASS Measure No. 97/2020, IVASS Regulation No. 45/2020 and CONSOB Resolution No. 21466/2020.
- FIA chiusi riservati e proposta di modifica del regolamento sulla gestione collettiva del risparmio in consultazione: stop al limite di concentrazione per gli investimenti in crediti verso la stessa controparte
La proposta - In data 30 luglio 2020, la Banca d’Italia ha avviato una consultazione pubblica sulle modifiche da apportare al “Regolamento sulla gestione collettiva del risparmio”.
- Italy – Italian Government acts to facilitate equity injections in Italian companies
Italy – Italian Government acts to facilitate equity injections in Italian companies - With Law Decree no. 16/7/2020, n. 76, which entered into force on 17 July 2020 (the "Simplifications Decree"), the Italian Government has introduced measures aimed at facilitating share capital increases and their implementation by the Italian companies.
- Italian Competition Authority Finds Abusive Conduct in Withholding Data and Internal Communications Praising Company Strategy
On 5 July 2011, the Italian Competition Authority imposed fines of €5.1 million on a multinational crop protection company for having abused its dominant position on the market for fosetyl-based systemic fungicides in breach of Article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. In ...
- Le commissioni bancarie nella proposta di delibera di Banca d’Italia in attuazione
PREMESSA In data 28 maggio 2012, Banca d'Italia ha pubblicato sul proprio sito internet il Documento per la consultazione – che si chiuderà l’8 giugno 2012 - relativo alla proposta di delibera che Banca d’Italia intende formulare al Comitato Interministeriale per il Credito ed il...
- D.LGS. 231/2001: Aggiornamento Normativo
Si riporta qui di seguito una breve rassegna del provvedimento che ha introdotto l’art. 25-duodecies all’interno del D.Lgs. 231/2001, estendendo la responsabilità delle persone giuridiche anche al reato di impiego di cittadini di paesi terzi con soggiorno irregolare. 1....
- Tobin Tax
La “Legge di stabilità” per il 2013 (Legge 24 dicembre 201, n. 228), all’articolo 1, commi 491 - 500, introduce un’imposta sulle transazioni finanziarie che colpisce i trasferimenti di azioni, strumenti partecipativi e derivati, c.d. “Tobin tax”. Le caratteristiche del nuovo...
- The Projects and Construction Review, Chapter 22 "Italy"
The current state of Italian project finance is the result of a trend initiated more than 20 years ago, when public resources started to become scarce and the construction or infrastructure needed private funds to be carried out. First came the realisation of energy plants –...
- I contratti di locazione della Pubblica Amministrazione
Gentili Signori, abbiamo predisposto il presente memorandum al fine di riportare alcune preliminari considerazioni sull'ambito soggettivo ed oggettivo di applicazione delle disposizioni (i) dell'articolo 2bis del decreto legge 15 ottobre 2013 n. 120, convertito con legge 13...
- Italian Merger Control Thresholds Update
The Italian Competition Authority has updated its merger control turnover thresholds. Effective from 10 March 2014, Section 16 (1) of Law No 287 of 10 October 1990 requires prior notification of all mergers and acquisitions where......
- Italian Parliament Approves Final Rules on Changes to Feed-in Tariffs for Photovoltaic Plants
On 7 August 2014, the Italian Parliament approved the conversion into law of Law Decree no. 91 /2014 (the Decree) regarding, amongst other matters, “urgent measures … for the limitation of costs applied to electricity prices”. The approval law will enter into force at the day after its publication...
- Italian Merger Control Thresholds – New Revisions
The Italian Competition Authority has updated its merger control turnover thresholds. Effective today, 16 March 2015, Section 16(1) of Law no. 287 of 10 October 1990 requires prior notification of all mergers and acquisitions where both the following conditions are fulfilled......
- The Italian Supreme Court of Cassation Eases the Evidential Burden on Private Claimants to Bring Actions for Antitrust Damages in Italy
The Italian Supreme Court of Cassation (the “Court”) has recently issued a landmark judgment that significantly reduces the burden of proof on claimants to bring stand-alone actions for antitrust damages, i.e., independent antitrust claims that are brought in the absence of an antitrust authority’s ...